Dosanko Gal wa Namara Menkoi - Episode 1 discussion

animebot

Anime Discussion Bot Maid
Staff member

Dosanko Gal wa Namara Menkoi, episode 1​

Alternative names: Hokkaido Gals Are Super Adorable!

Reminder: Place any spoilers using the spoilers tag.

Streams​

Show information​

All discussions​

This post was created by a bot. Send a private message to Chikorita157 or on the Fediverse, @chikorita157@sakurajima.moe.
The original (forked) source code can be found on GitHub.

Last edited:
The start is pretty cute in its own way. Tsubasa being timid yet kind definitely attracted Minami's heart in a sense. While the main focus seems to be about those two, it is definitely a product placement for Hokkaido itself.

Two things I haven't learned before is the drink, Katsugen (カツゲン), and the chain store, Seicomart (セイコーマート). What surprises me is that there are usually fictional brands based on their real life counterpart, which means that there was likely an approved permission to use these names.

According to livejapan, Katsugen is a popular drink in Hokkaido. The taste of the drink is described as yogurt-like sour-sweetness. Another article, Entabe which specializes in reviewing food in Japan, details that the taste is sour at first and sweetens up later on.

Seicomart is a convenience food store chain that is primarily in Hokkaido. According to tsunagujapan, it was the #1 convenience store in Japan in terms of customer satisfaction back in 2020. Looking at the source material for Q1 2023 in jpc-net.jp, it has not left being #1 despite going from 76.3 in 2020 to 74.3 in 2023.

Super excited to see a new winter anime

Also, I'm guessing Fuyuki's name comes from Fuyu (winter) and Yuki (snow)

Super excited to see a new winter anime

Also, I'm guessing Fuyuki's name comes from Fuyu (winter) and Yuki (snow)
I think you're right in its intentions. According to MyAnimeList, her name uses 冬木 , in which if we separate the characters, 冬 (Fuyu) is "Winter" and 木 (Ki) is "Wood" or "Tree". Even though Yuki isn't directly used, it might be an intentional play on words for it.