Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete - Episode 1 discussion

animebot

Anime Discussion Bot Maid
Staff member

Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete, episode 1​

Alternative names: Gushing over Magical Girls

Reminder: Place any spoilers using the spoilers tag.

Streams​

Show information​

All discussions​

This post was created by a bot. Send a private message to Chikorita157 or on the Fediverse, @chikorita157@sakurajima.moe.
The original (forked) source code can be found on GitHub.

Last edited:
Utena's debut as a magical girl villain really stuck out for me compared to Tres Magia that she adores. Her seiyuu really nailed it with the kind of timid personality with a sadist ulterior when blackmailed by Venalita.

If there's one thing that brings curiosity, it's more on the method of blackmailing involved. If all magical girls (regardless of affiliation) have some level of identity protection, that means she's safe from being exposed if the blackmail goes through on social media. I guess the leverage is more on the idea that Utena could be exposed and that she doesn't fully understand the protections of a magical girl to public eyes.

One last thing to note is Venalita's handle, @akunososhiki_enormita, feels like has some meaning to it. (As a forewarning, I haven't studied Japanese at all, but I recognize certain words / sounds to find patterns). I believe there is romanization going on for the first word, akunososhiki. Aku relates to the word word devil (悪魔), and soshiki relates to an organization / company (組織). With the particle no (の) joining the two together, it can be inferred that the handle is for an evil organization (悪の組織).

Honestly, this also makes me curious on what Tres Magia's in-universe's SNS handle would look like with the white version of Vanlita showing in the OP.

Not into mahou shoujo anime but I liked this first episode. Feels new and nice.
I try to avoid ecchi stuff these days but I don't mind it too much.1704750045241.jpeg