Tips for learning kanji

Kimby

Hello, i just want to know if you have some tips for starting learning kanji, i just know a few from Duolingo but don't know how to start to learn them on my own.

First off, Duolingo is not a great way to learn Japanese for obvious reasons. I written about why it's not a great way (I'm in the process of moving these posts to my sideblog). Of course, Duolingo doesn't teach Kanji

To learn Kanji, there are two method. Remembering the Kanji, which breaks up the Kanji into radicals and use mnemonics to remember them. Wanikani is the other, which is an all in one solution, that teaches you radicals, kanji, and vocabulary in one full swoop, but it's a paid service (although you can do lifetime, but maybe wait until December, which they have a sale on).

Either way, it's going to take some work.

First off, Duolingo is not a great way to learn Japanese for obvious reasons. I written about why it's not a great way (I'm in the process of moving these posts to my sideblog). Of course, Duolingo doesn't teach Kanji

To learn Kanji, there are two method. Remembering the Kanji, which breaks up the Kanji into radicals and use mnemonics to remember them. Wanikani is the other, which is an all in one solution, that teaches you radicals, kanji, and vocabulary in one full swoop, but it's a paid service (although you can do lifetime, but maybe wait until December, which they have a sale on).

Thank you!
Will take a look to wanikani

Do you recommend I start doing WaniKani or keep on grinding the core2k deck on anki?

I have been having some really good success with the Japanese From Zero books - starting from working through the Kana reading/writing, and I'm just starting to get into Kanji. They have a site also with videos, learning materials etc...both for Japanese as well as Korean now also.