Sakurajima Mastodon Updated to 4.3.0 Final

gungaleonline-s2-ep3-scr1.jpg
Sakurajima Mastodon now looks, different after...3 months of no updates?
Mastodon 4.3.0 finally came out after a year of no updates. In reality, we are using the glitch version of Mastodon, meaning we were on the bleeding edge for a while, but the final release came out recently. Notifications will look slightly different now as it got redesigned in a later version of 4.3. The reason it stayed in the state it was due to the merges being messed up. When I attempted to update to the recent source in late August, it messed things up, so we reverted back.

Now that I got the chance to merge back all the Sakurajima specific changes and test them, we were ready to deploy it and it seems to work now. Updates will now be done monthly.

As for our Misskey/Sharkey instance at Sakurajima Social, we will be fixing search next weekend. I have finally ported over the ElasticSearch patch from Misskey.io fork, thus we can have enhanced search once again without the search indexes taking up almost all the space. The reason search was downgraded for a long time is that Meilisearch takes a lot of disk space. The Elasticsearch data size seemed a lot smaller compared to the Sharkey, which keeps on growing until it takes up almost all the space on the server.

There should be little downtime needed to implement this. I have tested it in a test enviroment and it seems to work.