Is Anime Figure Prices getting to high?

Are Anime Figures pricing getting too high?

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no money

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

chikorita157

Administrator
Staff member
This year alone, I'm noticing that people are starting to give up on Anime Figuring all together because of prices on figures. I noticed the huge price jump as the figures I bought when I started my job in 2016 was like 7000-9000 for a scale figure. Now they are like 16,000+. That is on top of prices on shipping, which has gone up since the pandemic.

I haven't preordered too many figures this year. My recent preorder was Shiraki Hime/Yano Mitsuki 1/7 scale figures which were ¥17226 each, total was like ¥44752.

Not to mention, I don't have the space to display them right now. I need another display cabinet.

I am wondering, do you think anime figure prices are getting out of hand?

I answered this on the Mastodon thread but I feel like price isn't bothering me as much as how fast they are putting these out at lower quality. Like I also said before, when they try to produce things too quickly as a cheap profit the end result doesn't feel as special. Sadly I still preordered the Mob Psycho 100 ones this year

I answered this on the Mastodon thread but I feel like price isn't bothering me as much as how fast they are putting these out at lower quality. Like I also said before, when they try to produce things too quickly as a cheap profit the end result doesn't feel as special. Sadly I still preordered the Mob Psycho 100 ones this year
I wonder if it's the same person that are posting those articles on myfigurecollection. Still, it's understandable people are frustrated by the quality given the large price increase. It seems like the figure companies are profit seeking given that they saw a huge demand during the pandemic and thinking it will last, although it might not be the case forever. Also, I would be annoyed if I pay for an expensive figure, but the quality is like a prize figure.

Even though I complained about this I still ended up buying a POP UP Parade Mob Psycho 100 Reigen figure lol At least PUP straight up says it's affordable figures so I have no expectations. He ended up looking pretty good!