Instance Updates

1girl-masterpiece-gochuumon-wa-usagi-desu-ka_-kafuu-chino-smile-l-s-2969781565.png

First off, we finally deployed our new theme, which is Sakura themed. As expected, you can revert back to the regular Mastodon themes by going into Flavours and selecting a new theme. If you want the regular Mastodon experience, click Flavours, Vanilla Mastodon and select any theme and click “Use This.”

It’s almost a month since I started this instance and it has grown considerably to 53 active users or around 41 users. Media from outside instances are taking the most space and growing. To prevent any out of space issues, I added block storage and moved any cached media to that storage, since it does not need to be back up and unused cached media is cleared out after 30 days of inactive use. Either way, we should be good

The current monthly costs are $15.5 a month. I will cover the case server cost, but anyone is free to donate or become a patron to help cover the cost. At least it’s worth it compared to $8 for Twitter Blue, which Space Karen is devolving Twitter into 8chan or whatever it’s called now, a cesspool of hate and extremism.

The post Instance Updates appeared first on Sakurajima.

Continue reading...